Barcode: 0 89195 85109 3|
Case Pack: 20 pieces per master carton
Box Size: 9.6" x 15" x 2.4"
- Newly tooled sonar optionally assembled on belly of the Sea King fuselage
- Details and fitting molded on
- Sea King SH-3D rendered w/stunning detail
- Windshield wipers moldd on cockpit
- Cockpit glazing made from crystal-clear parts
- Detailed landing gear and buoyancy sponsons
- 5-blade tail rotor realistically produced
- Authentic rotor w/intricate detail
- Slightly curved rotor blades reproduced
- One-piece fuselage reproduced w/intricate details
- Realistic steps included
- Strengthened landing gear realistically portrayed
- Realistic pilots' seats included
The subject of Cyber-Hobby’s latest 1/72 scale plastic kit is a delightful model of the American-designed Sikorsky SH-3D Sea King helicopter. This twin-engine SH-3 Sea King was used primarily for anti-submarine warfare (ASW) by the US Navy (USN). It was also the first amphibious helicopter in the world and it entered USN service in 1961. Various modifications occurred in its lifespan, with the SH-3D superseding the SH-3A beginning in 1966. Key modifications were 1,419shp T58-GE-10 turbines, increased fuel capacity and new electronics. A total of 73 new-build helicopters were produced. In the 1990s the SH-3 Sea King was replaced by the SH-60 Seahawk in the USN.
This 1/72 scale Cyber-Hobby plastic model is well designed and cleverly engineered to induce maximum modeling enjoyment. The fuselage is correctly proportioned and is furnished with a full level of detail both inside and outside. The foldable rotor blades are made to true scale thickness too. This kit features a brand new lower hull that incorporates the sonar installation. In fact, the kit allows modelers to depict the sonar dangling underneath the SH-3D Sea King just as if it had been lowered into the sea to seek enemy submarines. Another new item is the five-bladed tail rotor. With appropriate Cartograf decal markings for several USN squadrons available, this SH-3D is ready to chase subs!