Barcode: 0 89195 85084 3|
Case Pack: 24 Pieces per case
Box Size: 13" x 7.5" x 1.8"
- Delicate engine is newly produced
- 1/72 scale Meteor F.1 authentically presented
- Cockpit interior details including pilot's seat and control panel
- Detailed land gear and wheels are reproduced
- Slide-molded canopy is produced w/details
- Detailed Meteor F.1 fuselage presented in slide-molded technology
- Detailed panel lines on both surfaces of wings
- Wings represent laminar-flow airfoil shape
- 4 nose-mounted cannons accurately replicated with hollow muzzles
- Detailed cockpit canopy made from clear parts can be assembly opened/closed
- Rudder and elvators can be modeled in different positions
- Slide-molded stabilizer correctly depicted
Cyber Hobby released its very first plastic kit of a Gloster Meteor F.3 last year (Item No.5044), and it was an instant success. To respond to modelers’ requests for more of the same, Cyber-Hobby is following up with another inspirational kit of this famous British fighter. The Meteor earned its place in history by being the first British and Allied operational jet fighter. It entered the ranks of the RAF in July 1944, and it served for a further ten years as Britain’s primary frontline fighter aircraft. The Meteor F.1, the subject of this kit, was the original production variant, and it began equipping No.616 Squadron of the RAF in June 1944. The squadron’s first mission was shooting down German V-1 flying bombs over England, with the aircraft forbidden from flying over German territory in case the jet engine technology fell into enemy hands. This initial production version of the Meteor was powered to a top speed of 670km/h by Whittle W.2 jet engines.
The new Cyber-Hobby plastic kit of this initial Meteor F.1 variant comes in 1/72 scale. The aircraft is accurately shaped thanks to the use of the latest high-tech slide molds. The fuselage is well detailed with panel lines, and particularly eye-catching are the new parts that create the detailed Whittle jet engines. The exquisite twin engines are also installed upon brand new wings. Of course, this kit features a band new cockpit canopy with the correct shape too. With this new transparent part, modelers will be able to view all the intricate detail inside the cockpit. This is a superb Cyber-Hobby kit, and it is the perfect follow-on to the Meteor released earlier.